Training Duration: 6 hours
Delivery Method: In Person at the customer's location and with customer supplied equipment.
PPE Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, fall protection harness with lanyard.
Student Prerequisite: Fall Protection Training
This training is for workers who operate a Self-Propelled Boom Supported Elevating Work Platform (Boom Lift) in the workplace.
Common boom types are “straight boom” and “articulating boom”.
Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
Manufacturer specifications for the model being trained on.
Hazard and risk assessment for workplace safety.
Safe operating procedures.
Hand signals and working with a spotter.
Safe approach limits to energized equipment and power lines.
Stability and working envelope.
Roles of a spotter/signal person.
Inspection of boom lift and surrounding work area.
Operating the boom lift and communicating with a spotter.
Emergency lowering procedures.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 12.10 Fall Protection Systems
- Part 9 Elevating Devices
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 9 Fall Protection
- Part 23 Elevating Platforms and Aerial Devices
- Schedule 4 Safe Limit of Approach Distances
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 11 Fall Protection
- Part 13 Division 5 Movable Work Platforms
- Table 19A-1A Minimum Approach Distances When Working Close to Exposed Electrical Equipment and Conductors
Canadian Standards Association
- B354.4-02(R2013) Self-Propelled Boom Supported Elevating Work Platforms (2013)