Training Cost: $200/student
Training Duration: 4 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Industrial Lift Truck Class 2 or 3 or 7
This training is for workers who operate an industrial lift truck (classes 1, 4 or 5) in the workplace, commonly known as “counterbalance forklift”.
Theory Lessons Include
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Manufacturer specifications for equipment being trained on.
- Hazard and risk assessment for workplace safety.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Safe approach limits to energized equipment and power lines.
- Working load limit & stability.
- Roles of a spotter/signal person.
Practical Lessons Include
- Lift plan.
- Inspection of the equipment and surrounding work area.
- Operating the equipment with a load and communicating with a spotter.
Class Lift Codes
- Class 1 Lift Code 1. Electric motor rider trucks: counterbalanced rider, stand-up.
- Class 1 Lift Code 4. Electric motor rider trucks: three wheel electric trucks, sit-down.
- Class 1 Lift Code 5. Electric motor rider truck: counterbalanced rider, cushion tires, sit-down.
- Class 1 Lift Code 6. Electric motor rider trucks: counterbalanced rider, pneumatic tire, sit-down.
- Class 4 Lift Code 3. Internal combustion engine trucks: fork, counterbalanced (cushion tire).
- Class 5 Lift Code 4. Internal combustion engine trucks: Pneumatic tires only, forks, counterbalanced, pneumatic tire.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 13 Tools and Machinery
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 19 Powered Mobile Equipment
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 16 Mobile Equipment
Canadian Standards Association
- B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks