Training Cost: $200/student
Training Duration: 4 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Industrial Lift Truck Class 1/4/5 or 3 or 7
This training is for workers who operate an industrial lift truck (class 2) in the workplace, commonly known as an order picker or a narrow aisle truck.
Theory Lessons Include
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Manufacturer specifications for equipment being trained on.
- Hazard and risk assessment for workplace safety.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Safe approach limits to energized equipment and power lines.
- Working load limit & stability.
- Roles of a spotter/signal person.
Practical Lessons Include
- Lift plan.
- Inspection of the equipment and surrounding work area.
- Operating the equipment with a load and communicating with a spotter.
Class Lift Codes
- Lift Code 1. Electric motor narrow aisle trucks: high lift straddle.
- Lift Code 2. Electric motor narrow aisle trucks: order picker.
- Lift Code 3. Electric motor narrow aisle trucks: reach type outrigger.
- Lift Code 4. Electric motor narrow aisle trucks: sideloaders, platfrom, high lift pallet, turret trucks.
- Lift Code 6. Electric motor narrow aisle trucks: low lift pallet platform, low lift pallet.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 13 Tools and Machinery
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 19 Powered Mobile Equipment
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 16 Mobile Equipment
Canadian Standards Association
- B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks