Combo This Training With: Industrial Lift Truck Class 1/4/5 or 2 or 7
This training is for workers who operate an industrial lift truck (class 3) in the workplace, commonly known as a powered pallet jack.
Theory Lessons Include
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Manufacturer specifications for equipment being trained on.
- Hazard and risk assessment for workplace safety.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Safe approach limits to energized equipment and power lines.
- Working load limit & stability.
- Roles of a spotter/signal person.
Practical Lessons Include
- Lift plan.
- Inspection of the equipment and surrounding work area.
- Operating the equipment with a load and communicating with a spotter.
Class Lift Codes
- Lift Code 1. Electric motor hand trucks: low lift platform.
- Lift Code 2. Electric motor hand trucks: low lift walkie pallet.
- Lift Code 3: Electric motor hand trucks: tractors.
- Lift Code 4: Electric motor hand trucks: low lift walkie/center control.
- Lift Code 5: Electric motor hand trucks: reach type outrigger.
- Lift Code 6: Electric motor hand trucks: high lift straddle, single face pallet, high lift platform.
- Lift Code 7: Electric motor hand trucks: high lift counterbalanced.
- Lift Code 8: Electric motor hand trucks: low lift walkie/rider pallet and end control.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 13 Tools and Machinery
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 19 Powered Mobile Equipment
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 16 Mobile Equipment
Canadian Standards Association
- B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks