Training Cost: $225/student
Call us for Private Group pricing.
Training Duration: 4 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person at the customer's location.
Equipment: Customer owned/rented equipment.
Supplies Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Industrial Lift Truck Class 1/4/5 or 2 or 3, Rigging
This training is for workers who operate an industrial lift truck (class 7) in the workplace, commonly known as a “rough terrain forklift”, “telehandler”, “variable reach forklift” or “zoom boom”.
Theory Lessons Include
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Manufacturer specifications for equipment being trained on.
- Hazard and risk assessment for workplace safety.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Safe approach limits to energized equipment and power lines.
- Working load limit & stability.
- Roles of a spotter/signal person.
Practical Lessons Include
- Lift plan.
- Inspection of the equipment and surrounding work area.
- Operating the equipment with a load and communicating with a spotter.
Class Lift Codes
- Class 1 Lift Code 1. Rough terrain lift trucks, vertical mast rough terrain fork lift truck, variable reach rough terrain forklift truck.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 13 Tools and Machinery
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 19 Powered Mobile Equipment
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 16 Mobile Equipment
Canadian Standards Association
- B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks
Attendance & Registration:
Students must be pre-registered before the training date.
Students must arrive and register 15 minutes before the training course starts; late students will not be accepted to participate in the training course.
Students should dress comfortably for "hands-on" practical training.
Students must wear the site-specific PPE when the training course is being hosted at a worksite/jobsite/construction site.
The following are not appropriate for the training class: high-heel shoes, open toe shoes, sandals, dresses, skirts, muscle shirts.
Students must complete the entire training course and pass the written exam with at least 80% grade to receive a training certificate. Training certificates will be emailed to the student and the employer.