This course is for a worker whom:
- Enters and works inside of a confined space.
- Performs the Attendant duties for the workers inside a confined space.
- Supervises the entering and work inside a confined space.
- Participates with a basic rescue from outside of the space.
3 - 16 students.
- Calgary Region: In-person training at the customer's workplace.
- Metro-Vancouver Region: At OOSHEW's Surrey Training Facility or in-person training at the customer's workplace.
Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (provided by student) as per the training location requirements.
Digital training card as proof of training, includes hyperlinked class photos and course material. Valid for 3 years.
Bonus for Large Employers (50+ students)
Access to OOSHEW's robust training database (training records from your employees and your subcontractors).
- Drop-In Class: $275.00 per student.
- Private Group Rate: $2,000.00 (8 students) + $250.00 per additional student.
- Onsite Private Group Rate: $2,500.00 (8 students) + $250.00 per additional student.
- Platinum Members: 25% discount.
- Gold Members: 10% discount.
- Additional Fees: Out of town travel expenses when applicable.
- Internet based with rich multimedia information, accessible on computer or mobile device (Apple, Android).
- Start by setting up a free account Click Here to Get the Mobile App
- Applicable OHS Regulations (Federal, Provincial).
- Definitions of a confined space (per OHS Regulations) (Federal, Provincial).
- Roles & responsibilities for Entrants, Attendants, Supervisor and Rescue Personnel.
- Types and characteristics of confined spaces.
- Common hazards of confined spaces.
- Occupational Exposure Limits for common gases and reference to applicable exposure limit tables:
- Regulation table,
- NIOSH guide.
- Types of hazardous energy.
- Types of energy isolating devices and applicable safe practices.
- Ventilating requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Common safe work procedures.
- Rescue planning.
- Gas and substance testing methods.
- Atmospheric gas testing requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Completing a Hazard & Risk Assessment.
- Completing a CSE Permit (includes entrant logging, atmospheric testing logging).
- Documenting the gas testing results.
- Documenting the entry and exit of a confined space.
- Inspecting and setup of ventilation equipment.
- Entry into a confined space.
- Inspecting, function testing, calibrating and operating a portable multi-gas detector.
- Safe practices for performing gas testing of a confined space.
- Confined space rescue drill.