Training is 4 hours in duration.
This course is for persons responsible for conducting and participating with investigating a workplace incident or injury.
Responsible persons are managers, supervisors, HSE personnel and members of the Joint Occupational Safety & Health Committee.
This course is an included element of the Workplace Health & Safety for Supervisors course.
Theory Lesson Includes:
- Applicable Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Elements of an incident investigation program
- Techniques for conducting an incident investigation
- Root cause analysis
- Incident tracking and trending
Hands On Exercises Include:
- Conducting a mock incident investigation
- Reporting process for WCB using the WCB forms
- Assigning corrective actions
- Developing the Lessons Learned report
- Recording the incident into the tracking tool