Training Cost: $225.00/student
Call us for Private Group pricing
Training Duration: 5 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person, Hands-On
This training is for workers who enter a confined space or who attends ("man -watch") to the entrants inside of a confined space. This training is intended for confined spaces with atmospheres classified as “low hazard” or “moderate hazard”.
Contact us if you require training for a "high hazard” atmosphere confined space.
Theory Lessons Include
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations.
- Definitions, characteristics & hazards of a confined space.
- Isolation of hazardous energy.
- Purging & ventilating a confined space.
- Safe work procedures.
- Roles & responsibilities of entrants, attendants, supervisor and rescue personnel.
Practical Lessons Include
- Hazard & risk assessment and control measures.
- Rescue planning.
- CSE permit documenting, entrant logging, atmospheric testing logging.
- Inspection, function test, calibration and operation of portable multi-gas detector.
- Air quality monitoring for oxygen, flammables and toxic gases.
- Entry into a confined space.
- Rescue initiation drill.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 11 Confined Spaces
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 5 Confined Spaces
- Part 15 Managing the Control of Hazardous Energy
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 09 Confined Spaces
- Part 10 De-energization and Lockout
- Part 32 Evacuation and Rescue
Attendance & Registration:
Students must be pre-registered before the training date.
Students must arrive and register 15 minutes before the training course starts; late students will not be accepted to participate in the training course.
Students should dress comfortably for "hands-on" practical training.
Students must wear the site-specific PPE when the training course is being hosted at a worksite/jobsite/construction site.
The following are not appropriate for the training class: high-heel shoes, open toe shoes, sandals, dresses, skirts, muscle shirts.
Students must complete the entire training course and pass the written exam with at least 80% grade to receive a training certificate. Training certificates will be emailed to the student and the employer.