Arrange a Private Group Training Session
Ask us about our "Train the Trainer" course
Training Duration: 6 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person, Hands-On
Student Prerequisite: None
This training course is for workers who utilize personal fall protection equipment while performing work at heights, such as: balconies, bridges, formwork, ladders, leading edges, rebar, roof tops, scaffolds, towers and work platforms.
Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S Regulations and applicable CSA standards.
Procedures for when fall protection equipment is not utilized.
Temporary guardrails and control zones.
Fall protection planning and rescue planning.
Selection of personal fall protection equipment (harness, lanyards, connectors, lifelines, anchors).
Work positioning, fall restraint and fall arrest controls.
Arresting forces from shock.
Temporary horizontal lifelines.
Fall clearance calculation.
Inspection and fitting of personal harnesses.
Inspection and application of a variety of connectors and lanyards.
Inspection and application of a variety of anchorage connectors (beam clamp, concrete insert, roof anchor, slings, etc.).
Fall protection planing & rescue planning.
Fall restraint and fall arrest controls.
Setup of work positioning.
Setup of a horizontal lifeline.
Setup of vertical lifelines.
Setup of self retracting lifelines.
Self-rescue with suspension trauma straps.
Rigging a 1:1 pulley system and a 4:1 pulley system.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and StandardsCanada Labour Code Part II
- Part 3.8 Guardrails and Toe Boards
- Part 12.10 Fall Protection Systems
- Part 3 Specification and Certification
- Part 9 Fall Protection
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 11 Fall Protection
Canadian Standards Association
- Z259.1.05 Body Belts and Saddles for Work Positioning and Travel Restraint
- Z259.2.2 Self-Retracting Devices
- Z259.2.3 Descent Devices
- Z259.2.5 Fall Arresters, Vertical Lifelines
- Z259.10 Fully Body Harnesses
- Z259.11 Energy Absorbers and Lanyards
- Z259.12 Connecting Components for Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Z259.15 Anchorage Connectors
- Z259.16 Design of Active Fall Protection Systems