Training Cost: $250.00 / student
Call us for Private Group Pricing
We Can Accommodate ESL Students
Call us for our "Train the Trainer" course
Training Duration: 6 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person, Hands-On
This training course is for workers who perform work at heights.
Examples: Roofs, towers, bridges, scaffolds, leading edges, ladders, rebar, aerial work platforms, etc.
Theory Lesson Includes
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S Regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Procedures in place of fall protection equipment.
- Temporary guardrails and control zones.
- Fall protection planning and rescue planning.
- Selection of personal fall protection equipment (harness, lanyards, connectors, lifelines, anchors).
- Work positioning, fall restraint and fall arrest controls.
- Arresting forces from shock.
- Temporary horizontal lifelines.
- Fall clearance calculation.
Practical Lessons Include
- Inspection and fitting of personal harness.
- Inspection and application of a variety of connectors and lanyards (carabiners, snaphooks, SRL, lifeline & line grab, etc.)
- Inspection and application of a variety of anchors (beam clamp, concrete insert, roof anchor, etc.).
- Fall protection planing & rescue planning.
- Setup of fall restraint and fall arrest controls.
- Setup of work positioning.
- Self-rescue with suspension trauma straps.
- Rigging a 1:1 pulley system and a 4:1 pulley system.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 3.8 Guardrails and Toe Boards
- Part 12.10 Fall Protection Systems
- Part 3 Specification and Certification
- Part 9 Fall Protection
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 11 Fall Protection
Canadian Standards Association
- Z259.1.05 Body Belts and Saddles for Work Positioning and Travel Restraint
- Z259.2.2 Self-Retracting Devices
- Z259.2.3 Descent Devices
- Z259.2.5 Fall Arresters, Vertical Lifelines
- Z259.10 Fully Body Harnesses
- Z259.11 Energy Absorbers and Lanyards
- Z259.12 Connecting Components for Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Z259.15 Anchorage Connectors
- Z259.16 Design of Active Fall Protection Systems
Attendance & Registration
Students must be pre-registered before the training date.
Students must arrive and register 15 minutes before the training course starts; late students will not be accepted to participate in the training course.
Students should dress comfortably for "hands-on" practical training.
Students must wear the site-specific PPE when the training course is being hosted at a worksite/jobsite/construction site.
The following are not appropriate for the training class: high-heel shoes, open toe shoes, sandals, dresses, skirts, muscle shirts.
Students must complete the entire training course and pass the written exam with at least 80% grade to receive a training certificate.
Training certificates will be emailed to the student and the employer.