Training Cost: $225/student
Call and ask about our early bird special.
Training Duration: 4 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Boom Lift, Scissor Lift, Bucket Truck
This training course is for workers who perform work at heights.
Examples: Roofs, towers, bridges, scaffolds, leading edges, ladders, rebar, aerial work platforms, etc.
Theory Lesson Includes:
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S Regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Procedures in place of fall protection equipment.
- Temporary guardrails and control zones.
- Fall protection planning and rescue planning.
- Selection of personal fall protection equipment (harness, lanyard, connectors).
- Work positioning, fall restraint and fall arrest controls.
- Arresting forces from shock.
- Temporary horizontal lifelines.
- Fall clearance calculation.
Practical Lessons Include:
- Inspection and fitting of personal harness.
- Inspection and application of a variety of connectors (carabiners, SRL, lanyards, lifeline & line grab, etc.).
- Inspection and application of a variety of anchors (beam clamp, concrete insert, roof anchor, etc.).
- Fall protection plan & rescue plan.
- Setup of fall restraint and fall arrest controls.
- Self rescue with suspension trauma straps.
- Rigging a 1:1 pulley system and a 4:1 pulley system.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 3.8 Guardrails and Toe Boards
- Part 12.10 Fall Protection Systems
- Part 3 Specification and Certification
- Part 9 Fall Protection
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 11 Fall Protection
Canadian Standards AssociationZ259.1-05 (R2015) Body Belts and Saddles for Work Positioning and Travel Restraint (2015)
Z259.2.2-14 Self-Retracting Devices (2014)
Z259.2.3-16 Descent Devices (2016)
Z259.2.5-12 Fall Arresters, Vertical Lifelines and Rails (2012)
Z259.10-12 Fully Body Harnesses (2012)
Z259.11-05 (R2015) Energy Absorbers and Lanyards (2015)
Z259.12-11 (R2016) Connecting Components for Personal Fall Arrest Systems (2016)
Z259.14-12 Fall Restrict Equipment for Wood Pole Climbing (2012)
Z259.15-12 Anchorage Connectors (2012)
Z259.16-15 Design of Active Fall Protection Systems (2015)