Training is 4 hours in duration.
This course is for the members of a workplace joint occupational safety & health committee.
Employers in British Columbia with a workforce of 20 or more are required to establish and maintain a JOSH committee and each member of the committee must have the applicable training.
This course is an included element of the Workplace Health & Safety for Supervisors course.
Theory Lesson Includes:
- Applicable Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Roles and responsibilities of the Committee, Chair and Members
- Agenda & structure of a committee meeting
Hands On Exercises Include:
- Conducting a mock committee meeting
- Assigning an action plan
- Recording the meeting minutes