Training Cost: $500/student
Training Duration: 4 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: Student must be clean-shaven where the respirator seals to the face.
Combo This Training With: Confined Space Entry
This training is for workers who wear an air purifying respirator (APR) in the workplace to protect them from airborne contaminants.
This training is NOT intended for workers who require a supplied breathing air apparatus.
Theory Lesson Includes:
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S Regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Health risks of asbestos, silica, welding fumes & toxic substances.
- Responsibilities of: respirator user, respirator issuer, respirator fit tester, supervisor, employer.
Practical Lessons Include:
- Selection, inspection and fitting of a respirator.
- Negative & positive seal check test.
- Performing a qualitative fit test with irritant smoke.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 12.7 Respiratory Protection
- Part 18-8 Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Schedule 1 Table 2 - Occupational Exposure Limits for Chemical Substances
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 8.32 - Respirators
- Table 5.4 - Table of Exposure Limits for Chemical and Biological Substances
Canadian Standards AssociationZ94.4-11 (R2016) Selection, Use and Care of Respirators (2016)