Training Cost: $2,000.00 / student
Call us for Private Group Pricing
We Can Accommodate ESL Students
Training Duration: 8 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: Student must be clean-shaven where the respirator seals to the face.
This training is for the person who provides air purifying respirators to their workers and performs the respirator fit testing.
This training is NOT intended for workers who require a supplied breathing air apparatus.
Theory Lesson Includes
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S Regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Health risks of asbestos, silica, welding fumes & toxic substances.
- Responsibilities of: respirator user, respirator issuer, respirator fit tester, supervisor, employer.
Practical Lessons Include
- Referencing the Occupational Exposure Limits for chemicals.
- How to complete an Exposure Control Plan (silica is the example).
- How to select the appropriate respirator.
- How to select the appropriate filters and cartridges.
- How to inspect and clean a respirator.
- How to properly don and fit a respirator.
- Negative & positive seal check test.
- How to conduct a qualitative fit test using irritant smoke as the challenge agent.
Students will Receive
- Access to the digital training program
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 12.7 Respiratory Protection
- Part 18-8 Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Schedule 1 Table 2 - Occupational Exposure Limits for Chemical Substances
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 8.32 - Respirators
- Table 5.4 - Table of Exposure Limits for Chemical and Biological Substances
Canadian Standards Association
Z94.4-11 (R2016) Selection, Use and Care of Respirators (2016)
Attendance & Registration
Students must be pre-registered before the training date.
Students must arrive and register 15 minutes before the training course starts; late students will not be accepted to participate in the training course.
Students should dress comfortably for "hands-on" practical training.
Students must wear the site-specific PPE when the training course is being hosted at a worksite/jobsite/construction site.
The following are not appropriate for the training class: high-heel shoes, open toe shoes, sandals, dresses, skirts, muscle shirts.
Students must complete the entire training course and pass the written exam with at least 80% grade to receive a training certificate. Training certificates will be emailed to the student and the employer.