Respiratory Protection - Train the Trainer
Arrange a Private Group Training Session
Training Duration: 6-8 hours (depending on student's skill and knowledge).
Web Based: In person training via MS Teams, Zoom or similar.
Calgary & Foothills Region: In person training at the customer's workplace.
Vancouver Region: In person training at our Surrey Training facility, or at the customer's workplace.
Course Literature: Accessible with our mobile application.
Training Card: Digital training card with hyperlinked class photos and course material. Valid for 3 years.
PPE Required: PPE requirements as per the workplace.
Student Prerequisite: None.
Large Employers: Access to OOSHEW's robust training database (training records from your employees and your subcontractors).
This training is for the person who provides air purifying respirators to their workers and performs the respirator fit testing.
This training is NOT intended for workers who require a supplied breathing air apparatus.
Students will receive access to the digital training program so they can administer respirator fit tests.
- Applicable OH&S Regulations (Federal and Provincial).
- Applicable CSA Standards.
- Health risks of asbestos, silica, welding fumes & toxic air contaminants.
- Responsibilities of: respirator user, respirator issuer, respirator fit tester, supervisor, employer.
- Types of air purifying respirators.
- Types of filters and cartridges.
- Respirator Protection Factors.
- Respirator limitations.
- How to reference Analytical Methods for sampling airborne contaminants.
- Requirements for Health Surveillance.
Elements of an Exposure Control Plan.
Referencing the Occupational Exposure Limits for substances.
Referencing the NIOSH database for substances.
- How to select the appropriate respirator.
How to select the appropriate filters and cartridges.
How to inspect, disassemble, assemble and clean a respirator.
How to properly don and fit a respirator.
Negative and Positive seal check test.
How to conduct a qualitative fit test using irritant smoke as the challenge agent.