Training Cost: $225.00/student
Call us for Private Group pricing
Training Duration: 5 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person, Hands-On
This training is for workers who utilize rigging equipment for material handling and for “below the hook” applications.
Theory Lessons Include
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations, applicable CSA standards and applicable ASME standards.
- Specifications for synthetic slings, chain slings and wire rope.
Specifications for rigging hardware (shackles, eye bolts, wire rope clips, hooks, master links, turnbuckles
- Safety factors for lifting equipment
- Sling angles and sling angle tensions.
- Load calculations.
- Workplace safety and safe rigging procedures.
Practical Lessons Include
- Inspection of rigging equipment (chain slings, chain assembly, web slings, wire rope, shackles, turnbuckles, chain hoists, lever hoists, eye bolts, etc.)
- Common rigging knots (clove hitch, bowline, sheet bend, square knot, etc.)
- Hazard & risk assessment and control measures.
- Hand signals for operations of boom type cranes and overhead cranes.
- Lift planning.
- Practical lifting of loads.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 14 Materials Handling
- Part 14.42 Ropes, Slings and Chains
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 21 Rigging
- Schedule 5 Cable Clips on Wire Rope
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 15 Rigging
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- B30.9-2014 Slings
- B30.20-2013 Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices
- B30.26-2015 Rigging Hardware
Attendance & Registration:
Students must be pre-registered before the training date.
Students must arrive and register 15 minutes before the training course starts; late students will not be accepted to participate in the training course.
Students should dress comfortably for "hands-on" practical training.
Students must wear the site-specific PPE when the training course is being hosted at a worksite/jobsite/construction site.
The following are not appropriate for the training class: high-heel shoes, open toe shoes, sandals, dresses, skirts, muscle shirts.
Students must complete the entire training course and pass the written exam with at least 80% grade to receive a training certificate. Training certificates will be emailed to the student and the employer.