Training Cost: $200/student
Training Duration: 4 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Industrial Lift Truck Class 7, Overhead Crane
This training is for workers who utilize rigging equipment for material handling and for “below the hook” applications.
Theory Lessons Include
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Specifications for synthetic slings, chain slings and wire rope.
- Specifications for rigging hardware (shackles, eye bolts, wire rope clips, hooks, etc.).
- Safety factors.
- Sling angles.
- Load calculations.
- Workplace safety and safe procedures.
Practical Lessons Include
- Inspection of rigging equipment (chain slings, chain assembly, web slings, wire rope, shackles, turnbuckles, chain hoists, lever hoists, eye bolts, etc.)
- Common rigging knots (clove hitch, bowline, sheet bend, square knot, etc.)
- Hazard & risk assessment and control measures.
- Hand signals.
- Lift plan and practical lift of a load.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 14 Materials Handling
- Part 14.42 Ropes, Slings and Chains
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 21 Rigging
- Schedule 5 Cable Clips on Wire Rope
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 15 Rigging
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- B30.9-2014 Slings
- B30.20-2013 Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices
- B30.26-2015 Rigging Hardware