This course is for a worker whom:
- Wears a harness for fall arrest, fall restraint and work positioning,
- Uses vertical lifelines (rope, Self Retracting Lifeline),
- Uses horizontal lifelines,
- Erects control zones or works near control zones,
- Erects temporary guardrails or works near temporary guardrails, and
- Participates with a basic rescue for a fallen worker.
3 - 16 students.
- Calgary Region: In-person training at the customer's workplace.
- Metro-Vancouver Region: At OOSHEW's Surrey Training Facility or in-person training at the customer's workplace.
Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (provided by student) as per the training location requirements.
Digital training card as proof of training, includes hyperlinked class photos and course material. Valid for 3 years.
Bonus for Large Employers (50+ students)
Access to OOSHEW's robust training database (training records from your employees and your subcontractors).
- Drop-In Class: $275.00 per student.
- Private Group Rate: $2,000.00 (8 students) + $250.00 per additional student.
- Onsite Private Group Rate: $2,500.00 (8 students) + $250.00 per additional student.
- Platinum Members: 25% discount.
- Gold Members: 10% discount.
- Additional Fees: Out of town travel expenses when applicable.
- Internet based with rich multimedia information, accessible on computer or mobile device (Apple, Android).
- Start by setting up a free account Click Here to Get the Mobile App
- Applicable OHS Regulations (Federal, Provincial).
- Responsibilities of the equipment User.
- Classifications of harnesses (per CSA).
- Selecting appropriate harness (based on work activity).
- Classifications of lanyards (per CSA).
- Selecting appropriate lanyard (based on work activity and fall hazard).
- Responsibilities for the Supervisor and the Equipment User and Equipment Purchaser/Issuer.
- Written fall protection plan requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Calculating free fall clearance.
- Guardrail requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Control zone requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Types of anchorages and anchorage connectors.
- Work positioning (use of positioning lanyards).
- Types of energy absorbers (per CSA).
- Types of vertical lifelines:
- Rope & rope grab (inspection and usage).
- SRL types and inspection and usage.
- Types of horizontal lifelines:
- Types (permanent and temporary).
- Installation of a temporary HLL.
- Risk of suspension trauma.
- Rescue plan requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Completing a Hazard & Risk Assessment.
- Completing a Fall Protection Plan.
- Inspecting and application of an energy absorber.
- Inspecting and application of a work positioning lanyard.
- Inspecting and installation of a temporary horizontal lifeline.
- Inspecting and installation of a vertical lifeline:
- Rope with rope grab,
- Self Retracting Lineline (basic and leading edge type).
- Use of suspension trauma straps (at least 2 different models).
- Application of a double figure 8 knot.
- Application of a prusik knot.
- Planning out a rescue scenario for a worker suspended by their harness.
- Inspecting and application of:
- 1:1 rope pulley system,
- 4:1 rope pulley system.
- Executing the rescue of a worker suspended by their harness.