Training Cost: $200/student
Training Duration: 4 hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Prerequisite: Fall Protection Training
Supplies Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Fall Protection, Scissor Lift
This training is for workers who operate a Self Propelled Boom Supported Elevating Work Platform (Boom Lift) in the workplace.
Common boom types are “straight boom” and “articulating boom”.
Please call to confirm or request the model that will be available for your training.
Theory Lesson Includes
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Manufacturer specifications for the model being trained on.
- Hazard and risk assessment for workplace safety.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Hand signals and working with a spotter.
- Safe approach limits to energized equipment and power lines.
- Stability and working envelope.
- Roles of a spotter/signal person.
- Preventive maintenance.
- Equipment transport.
- Rescue scenarios.
Practical Lessons Include
- Inspection of boom lift and surrounding work area.
- Operating the boom lift and communicating with a spotter.
- Emergency lowering procedures.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 12.10 Fall Protection Systems
- Part 9 Elevating Devices
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 9 Fall Protection
- Part 23 Elevating Platforms and Aerial Devices
- Schedule 4 Safe Limit of Approach Distances
- Part 11 Fall Protection
- Part 13 Division 5 Movable Work Platforms
- Table 19A-1A Minimum Approach Distances When Working Close to Exposed Electrical Equipment and Conductors
- B354.4-02(R2013) Self-Propelled Boom Supported Elevating Work Platforms (2013)