Call us for Private Group Pricing
We Can Accommodate ESL Students
Training Duration: 6 hours
Delivery Method: In Person at the customer's location.
Equipment: Customer supplied equipment.
Prerequisite: Fall Protection Training
Supplies Required: CSA approved work boots and hard hat, safety glasses, gloves.
This training is for workers who operate a Self-Propelled Elevating Work Platform (Scissor Lift) in the workplace.
Please call to confirm or request the model that will be available for your training.
Theory Lesson Includes
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Manufacturer specifications for the model being trained on.
- Hazard and risk assessment for workplace safety.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Hand signals and working with a spotter.
- Safe approach limits to energized equipment and power lines.
- Roles of a spotter/signal person.
- Preventive maintenance.
- Equipment transport.
- Rescue scenarios.
Practical Lessons Include
- Inspection of scissor lift and surrounding work area.
- Operating the scissor lift and communicating with a spotter.
- Emergency lowering procedures.
- Rescue drill.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 12.10 Fall Protection Systems
- Part 9 Elevating Devices
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 9 Fall Protection
- Part 23 Elevating Platforms and Aerial Devices
- Schedule 4 Safe Limit of Approach Distances
- Part 11 Fall Protection
- Part 13 Division 5 Movable Work Platforms
- Table 19A-1A Minimum Approach Distances When Working Close to Exposed Electrical Equipment and Conductors
- B354.2-01Self-Propelled Elevating Work Platforms (2013)
Attendance & Registration
Students must be pre-registered before the training date.
Students must arrive and register 15 minutes before the training course starts; late students will not be accepted to participate in the training course.
Students should dress comfortably for "hands-on" practical training.
Students must wear the site-specific PPE when the training course is being hosted at a worksite/jobsite/construction site.
The following are not appropriate for the training class: high-heel shoes, open toe shoes, sandals, dresses, skirts, muscle shirts.
Students must complete the entire training course and pass the written exam with at least 80% grade to receive a training certificate. Training certificates will be emailed to the student and the employer.