Online Course now available - register by emailing: email@example.com
Course Type: Safety Training
This course is for a student whom wears a harness for fall arrest, fall restraint and work positioning,
Uses vertical lifelines (rope, Self Retracting Lifeline),
Uses horizontal lifelines,
Erects control zones or works near control zones,
Erects temporary guardrails or works near temporary guardrails, and
Participates with a basic rescue for a fallen worker.
Skill Level: Level 2
Training Method: In person.
Class Size: 3 - 12 students
Training Duration: 4 - 8 hours (depending on student's skill and knowledge).
Calgary Region: In person training at the customer's workplace.
Vancouver Region: In person training at our Surrey training facility or at the customer's workplace.
Vancouver Island Region: In person training at the customer's workplace.
- Be the minimum age for the worksite.
- Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (provided by student):
- PPE as per the training location requirements.
- Safety boots, hard hat, high visibility vest/jacket/overall.
Web based with rich multimedia information. Accessible on desktop computer or an Apple and Android mobile device. Start by setting up a free account, Click Here to Get the Mobile App
Digital training card as proof of training, includes hyperlinked class photos and course material. Valid for 3 years.
Bonus for Large Employers (50+ students)
Access to OOSHEW's robust training database (training records from your employees and your subcontractors).
Private Group Class: $2,000.00 (minimum charge of 8 students).
Additional Students: $250.00 per student.
Drop-In Class: $250.00 per student.
Extra Costs: Mobilization fee for private group class scheduled at the customer's workplace.
Extra Costs: Out of town travel when applicable.
- Reference to applicable OHS Regulations (Federal, Provincial).
- Responsibilities of the equipment User.
- Classifications of harnesses (per CSA).
- Selecting appropriate harness (based on work activity).
- Classifications of lanyards (per CSA).
- Selecting appropriate lanyard (based on work activity and fall hazard).
- Responsibilities for the Supervisor and the Equipment User and Equipment Purchaser/Issuer.
- Written fall protection plan requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Fall clearance calculation.
- Guardrail requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Control zone requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Types of anchorages and anchorage connectors.
- Work positioning (use of positioning lanyards).
- Types of energy absorbers (per CSA).
- Types of vertical lifelines:
- Rope & rope grab (inspection and usage)
- SRL types
- SRL (inspection and usage)
- Types of horizontal lifelines:
- Types (permanent and temporary)
- Installation of a temporary HLL
- Risk of suspension trauma.
- Rescue plan requirements (per OHS Regulations).
- Completing a Hazard & Risk Assessment.
- Completing a Fall Protection Plan.
- Inspecting and application of an energy absorber.
- Inspecting and application of a work positioning lanyard.
- Inspecting and installation of a temporary horizontal lifeline.
- Inspecting and installation of a vertical lifeline:
- Rope with rope grab,
- Self Retracting Lineline (basic and leading edge type)
- Use of suspension trauma straps (at least 2 different models).
- Application of a double figure 8 knot.
- Application of a prusik knot.
- Planning out a rescue for a fallen worker scenario.
- Inspecting and application of:
- 1:1 rope pulley system,
- 4:1 rope pulley system.
- Executing the rescue of a fallen worker.