- This course is for a worker whom has minimal experience or is new to operating a Skidsteer.
- Also known as a "bobcat".
2 - 8 students.
6 - 8 hours (depending on student's skill and knowledge).
- Calgary Region: In-person training at the customer's workplace.
- Metro-Vancouver Region: In-person training at the customer's workplace.
Customer supplied equipment and load for practical lessons.
Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (provided by student):
- PPE as per the training location requirements.
- Safety boots, hard hat, high visibility vest/jacket/overall.
Digital training card as proof of training, includes hyperlinked class photos and course material. Valid for 3 years.
Bonus for Large Employers (50+ students)
Access to OOSHEW's robust training database (training records from your employees and your subcontractors).
- Private Group Rate: $1,800.00 (6 students) + $300.00 per additional student.
- Platinum Members: 25% discount.
- Gold Members: 10% discount.
- Additional Fees: Out of town travel expenses when applicable.
- Internet based with rich multimedia information, accessible on computer or mobile device (Apple, Android).
- Start by setting up a free account Click Here to Get the Mobile App
- Applicable OHS Regulations (Federal, Provincial).
- Applicable CSA Standards.
- Operator responsibilities.
- Manufacturer specifications for the equipment being trained on.
- Hazard and Risk Assessment for operating the equipment safely in the workplace.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Hand signals and working with a spotter.
- Equipment purpose and limitations.
- Equipment stability.
- Equipment preventive maintenance practices.
- Equipment inspection criteria.
- Equipment transport.
- Completing a Hazard & Risk Assessment.
- Completing a pre-use inspection checklist.
- Inspecting the Skidsteer and surrounding work area.
- Safe load securement (when using pallet forks).
- Safe grading practices (when using shovel).
- Operating the Skidsteer and communicating with a spotter.
- Attaching and removing lifting accessories.
- Fuelling the equipment (diesel, gasoline).