This course is for a worker whom works on a system that is de-energized and isolated from hazardous energy and is required to apply their personal lock to the lockout device.
3 - 16 students.
6 - 8 hours (depending on student's skill and knowledge).
- Calgary Region: In-person training at the customer's workplace.
- Metro-Vancouver Region: At OOSHEW's Surrey Training Facility or in-person training at the customer's workplace.
Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (provided by student) as per the training location requirements.
Digital training card as proof of training, includes hyperlinked class photos and course material. Valid for 3 years.
Bonus for Large Employers (50+ students)
Access to OOSHEW's robust training database (training records from your employees and your subcontractors).
- Drop-In Class: $275.00 per student.
- Private Group Rate: $2,000.00 (8 students) + $250.00 per additional student.
- Onsite Private Group Rate: $2,500.00 (8 students) + $250.00 per additional student.
- Platinum Members: 25% discount.
- Gold Members: 10% discount.
- Additional Fees: Out of town travel expenses when applicable.
- Internet based with rich multimedia information, accessible on computer or mobile device (Apple, Android).
- Start by setting up a free account Click Here to Get the Mobile App
- Applicable OHS Regulations (Federal, Provincial).
- Applicable CSA Standards.
- Responsibilities for the Worker and Supervisor.
- Types of hazardous energy.
- Workplace safety around hazardous energy.
- Purpose for Lockout Tagout.
- Lockout Tagout processes and methodology.
- Process for removing an abandoned personal lock.
- Types of isolation devices.
- Completing a Hazard & Risk Assessment.
- Completing a Lockout Tagout Plan.
- Planning out the de-energization and Lockout Tagout of an energized system.
- Application of isolating devices.
- Application of personal locks.
- De-energizing and locking out an energized system.