Training Cost: $200/student
Training Duration: 2 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: Safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Confined Space Entry
This training is for workers who are required to apply their personal lock to equipment or machinery that has been de-energized. Each participant is issued a personal lock they keep.
Theory Lesson Includes:
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S Regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Purpose for lockout/tagout.
- Process of lockout/tagout.
- Types of hazardous energy.
- Types of isolation devices.
- Workplace safety.
Practical Lessons Include:
- Hazard & risk assessment and control measures.
- Lockout manifest.
- Personal lockout log record keeping.
- Lockout of an energized system.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 8.12 Isolation of Electrical Equipment
- Part 15 Managing the Control of Hazardous Energy
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 10 De-energization and Lockout
Canadian Standards AssociationZ460-13 Control of Hazardous Energy - Lockout and other Methods (2013)