Training Cost: $225/student
Call us for Private Group pricing.
Training Duration: 4 Hours
Delivery Method: In Person
Supplies Required: Safety glasses, gloves.
Combo This Training With: Confined Space Entry
This training is for workers who are required to apply their personal lock to equipment or machinery that has been de-energized.
Theory Lesson Includes:
- Applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S Regulations and applicable CSA standards.
- Purpose for lockout/tagout.
- Process of lockout/tagout.
- Types of hazardous energy.
- Types of isolation devices.
- Workplace safety.
Practical Lessons Include:
- Hazard & risk assessment and control measures.
- Lockout manifest.
- Personal lockout log record keeping.
- Lockout of an energized system.
Applicable OH&S Regulations and Standards
Canada Labour Code Part II
- Part 3 Specification and Certifications
- Part 8.12 Isolation of Electrical Equipment
- Part 15 Managing the Control of Hazardous Energy
British Columbia OH&S
- Part 10 De-energization and Lockout
Canadian Standards Association
Z460-13 Control of Hazardous Energy - Lockout and other Methods (2013)
Attendance & Registration:
Students must be pre-registered before the training date.
Students must arrive and register 15 minutes before the training course starts; late students will not be accepted to participate in the training course.
Students should dress comfortably for "hands-on" practical training.
Students must wear the site-specific PPE when the training course is being hosted at a worksite/jobsite/construction site.
The following are not appropriate for the training class: high-heel shoes, open toe shoes, sandals, dresses, skirts, muscle shirts.
Students must complete the entire training course and pass the written exam with at least 80% grade to receive a training certificate. Training certificates will be emailed to the student and the employer.